Friday, December 7, 2012

Holiday Wishlist


Holidays can be a little stressful, even though they are not meant to be. For those of us who suffer with this terrible illness, the stress is greater. Between missing work for surgeries and medical bills galore, I have found myself extremely worked up over making sure I am able to afford gifts for everyone on my list. Anyway, I have created a list of special gifts to purchase for endo sisters that are affordable, unique and very useful for all of the endo warriors of the world. 

My idea for this blog actually came from a fellow Endo Sister, Meg! You can find her at @heyymegg – thanks for such an amazing idea Meg! If you are not following her already, I highly recommend it! Now for the list:


Heating pad: This is a necessity for all of my lovely endo ladies. The one listed above can be found here. Remember, you can find heating pads at any department store at just about every price point. (Hint: we don't need anything fancy, just something to get the job done!) 


Leg warmers: Leg warmers are another unique gift idea, that can be found at any price point. They would also make a fun DIY gift idea if you are good at knitting (or want to learn). I have included a couple of different options like the ones above from American Apparel here. This fabulous pair from an Etsy shop are on MY wishlist! :)



Yoga pants: Between frequent un-Godly pain, surgeries and the occasionally lazy days, yoga pants are an Endo woman's best friend! I am obsessed with Victoria's Secret so naturally, my example of a great pair of yoga pants is from that AH-Mazing store! I love the yoga shorts and leggings options as well! Get your loved one a pair - they will be comfy while looking sexy! Check out multiple styles and colors here. 



The Holy Bible: Even though endometriosis women put on a brave face, we deal with a lot on a daily basis. Give your endo warrior something inspiring to read like a copy of God's Word - bonus points if you have her name engraved on the cover. If she is not the religious type, simply purchase a lovely read from the inspirational section at your local bookstore or good ol' Amazon. 




Bath Salts: Every woman loves a luxorius bath, so spoil her with a bath salt collection. Either find a DIY project like the one here, or head to Bath & Body Works if you are not the crafty type (or simply don't have the time). You will be sure to please! :)



Comfort Food: Bake up a batch of warm chocolate chip cookies or surprise her with a jar of Hot Chocolate mix. (I am actually going to use the hot cocoa recipe for a few people on my list)! If she is feeling down, these simple, but oh-so-delicious gifts will definitely cheer her up!

What items are on your Christmas wishlist? If you have other ideas for the perfect gift, let me know in the comments below!

xo Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...