Sunday, February 10, 2013

Endo Journey: Michaela

The following Endo Journey post comes from Michaela, a sweet girl who has been living with Endometriosis pain for many years. Please read on to learn about Michaela's struggle:

 
It started off 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with a dermoid cyst. The first operation was to drain the cyst but was still having excruciating pains. Countless blood tests and scans just showed the cyst had returned. Eventually, after being on so many types of pain killers, my consultant decided to try me on something else. A Prostap injection once a month to see if the pain was gynaecological. 

Six months down the line, pain free so they decided the best option was to remove right ovary and fallopian tube. This was in 2011. And during the surgery, they discovered I had endometriosis. And it was a lightbulb moment. 

All those months of pain and not knowing why was finally answered. April 2012, pain started again but it wasn't as severe so I just put up with it. It started to get worse in November and by January, my GP referred me back to gynae. Had appointment 5th Feb this year and found out that I still had endo and it was by the urethra, plus I also have adhesions. 

So on April 19, I'm having a laparoscopy to remove endo and adhesion and having the Mirena coil fitted. If this doesn't work, then the gynaecologist said he will look into me having a hysterectomy.

                            

Special thanks to Michaela for sharing her story. I hope that your laparoscopy in April helps tremendously! 

If you have a story to share, please contact me. I would be honored to share your life with endometriosis!

xo Heather  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...