Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fertility Diary: Intro





I have had the symptoms of IC and Endometriosis for as long as I can remember but thought that I was normal. One thing that did not seem normal to me was that I was not getting pregnant, and I had no idea why. Friends, family, and acquaintances all around me were starting families and some were experiencing unplanned pregnancies, but my husband and I were not able to do conceive


In the summer of 2012, shortly after our relocation to Phoenix, my Endo, PFD and IC symptoms hit a peak. I was having a difficult time urinating, and it really hurt to empty my bladder. I was diagnosed with PFD and IC before my laparoscopy in November. During the laparoscopy, I was officially diagnosed with Endometriosis, even though the medical term was brought up to my attention long before the laparoscopy.

Now everything was starting to make sense. For four years I had been trying to conceive, while constantly wondering why I was unable to conceive with my husband. Now I knew that the issue was most likely Endometriosis, a medical term that I despise. Despite my disgust for the term, my goal is to raise Endo awareness while documenting my fertility journey.


I am nervous and scared to share this part of my life with you. However, I feel that I owe it to every woman who has or will continue to suffer from Endometriosis.


This is for all of the women who have been down such a long, dark path of learning to cope and become at peace with fertility issues. I want to be your voice. This is my journey, no filter.


xo Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...