Saturday, January 19, 2013

Endo Happy: Acceptance

As I mentioned before, Katie from Endo Happy has become a Guest Blogger! Here is the first Endo Happy post

(Photo Credit: The Coffee Klatch)

I don't see acceptance of a situation as defeat, rather as acknowledgement of something that is present and needs to be considered as part of your life. We all want a cure for Endometriosis but the reality is that we do not have one yet, and it may be quite some time before one is found. So alongside fundraising and raising awareness accept that you have this condition and do what you can to make your life a little easier.


Think about the daily struggles that you face and pick maybe the 2 or 3 of the worst ones and find ways to try and overcome them.

2012 was a particularly difficult year for me, almost from the 1st January onwards, but I made these changes and they helped ease my day:

1. The skirt of my work uniform became so tight sometimes due to bloating that I was self conscious and very uncomfortable on those days, I eventually gave in and bought a bigger size, it immediately gave me a sense of relief and I wish I had done it sooner

2. In an attempt to keep eating healthily and feeling good instead of something sugary/fat filled on my weekly shop I instead bought myself a bunch of flowers for my bedroom (£3) They lasted 7 days and made me smile every  morning.

3. Sleeping was a problem, I was exhausted most of the day but suddenly at night my mind would come alive and I found it hard to switch off. I bought a notebook and in it made a list of all the things I needed to get done and made an entry for each day to remember to get them done, I took it to bed with me and would make notes as and when things popped into my head. It didn't work every night but some nights knowing I was organized I peacefully fell asleep.

These are just things that helped me, what could help you in 2013? :-) x


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...