Monday, February 4, 2013

Endo Happy: Validate Yourself


Most sufferers of Endometriosis face so much on a daily basis that we often start to accept the pain and emotions as a part of our daily life. But when you're having a bad day I find it helpful to validate the feelings I'm having, this is not feeling sorry for yourself it's acknowledging what difficulties you have had to overcome to make it through the day.
 
 The next time you're going through a difficult time make a mental list of what you're having to overcome, maybe it's pain that meds will not get rid of, tired from another sleepless night, worrying about money problems, unpleasant side affects from hormone treatments etc and take a few minutes to see why you're having such difficult time sometimes often doing the simplest things like physically getting out of bed when you're in pain.

It's easy to feel like you're getting nowhere, I have always felt like my life just went round in circles but when facing my most recent surgery I had an 'AHA' moment and realized how was I of supposed to achieve all the things I wanted to when so much of my life comprised of pain, surgery and unpaid recovery absence from work. I had however achieved things that I didn't give myself credit for and now that I am post op I can see that getting out of bed and going to work while in so much pain was an achievement in itself!

So the next time you are being hard on yourself acknowledge the daily challenges you face and simply say 'I am imperfect, I'm doing my best and I am enough!"

                                             

Special thanks to Katie,  founder of Endo Happy for another great post! If you are not already doing so, please follow & connect with @_EndoHappy on Twitter!!

xo Heather 

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I have had a lot of struggles with this since my diagnosis. I ended up going to a counseller who listed all of my achievements back to me, and also all the adversities that I am facing. She asked me how I would react if someone else had told me that they had achieved that much while dealing with that much. I had to say that I would be really impressed! It's so good to look at it from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...